Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cancer all around!

Greetings peeps, hope all is well! I know, you see the title and say to yourself, typical Greg! Well, I see what i see and I see cancer everywhere. The list of people that I know that are suffering from this disease is growing by the day. I realize now that I in the past I chose not to see but lately I have no choice; it's all around me. I see the same doctors and nurses taking care of the same people- the cancer class of 2012/ 2013. I may not know them by name but I cannot forget their faces. I know a dear woman who is fighting the fight of her life, a true hero, a Vietnam Veteran. She has suffered with this disease, battle after battle and now she is on the ropes. Please pray for her, her name is Cathy. A dear woman in my church is loosing her brother to cancer. I see how this disease impacts families and friends who are torn apart by seeing their loved ones dying with no hope. Please pray for him his name is Rick. My own brother in law is still battling alone and in private, his name is Ron. My dear friends grandson is still battling leukemia and will be for many months to come. Please pray for him, his name is Ethan. So much suffering, so much to pray for. To all the soldiers of this disease KEEP WAGING WAR!

On a positive note, I begin training for a volunteer chaplain position at Kaiser Anaheim. The woman who teaches the class is the woman who ministered to me in my darkest hour- she walked in my room, looked me in the eye, and told me of her story. She survived a cancer worse than mine. She vowed to God she would use this trial to serve Him. SO WILL I

Blessing

Send me your prayer requests please.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Greg,it's true,it's everywhere. Many of my customers at Trader Joe's are going through this too. If not them,then their loved ones,and I pray for them each day too.I KNOW I've been afflicted by this for a reason and it's all in God's plan for me.It sounds crazy,but I'm seeing so much good come out of it already. Thanks for sharing your story,it is truly inspiring.
    Beth Warner

    ReplyDelete