Monday, December 16, 2013

The problem with remission

Well it's been forever and a day since my last post. I'm happy to report that I'm still in remission. I'm very grateful to God and my family for taking care of me. Life for now is back to normal; well as normal as a family of 9 can be.

So what's with the title of my post you may ask? Remission is like being in a holding pattern. As much as I want to be "cancer free", whatever that means, I am not. I still have lymphoma. I hate even typing that word. The problem with remission is not knowing if this is just halftime or is the trial truly over.

I still have all the symptoms of cancer but they tell me that there is "no new growth". I pray for the day when words like remission are never used. Remission is a consistent reminder of what was.

I am optimistic about my future however. My doc says that I most likely won't die from this disease but I will probably battle it again.

Until then I must learn to be content with the word remission and understand that just like everyone else; I'm a heartbeat away from meeting my maker.

Holliday blessings to you all. Please respond with requests for prayer; I owe all you guys at least that!

1 comment:

  1. Cousin Greg,
    I am in tears, what a journey. I'm happy for you. I know what change can bring. It's not easy. Nadina

    ReplyDelete